For students entering into grades 1 through 5 for the 2015-2016
school year, please contact PS 87's Parent Coordinator for more information at 212-678-2826.
FOR ENROLLMENT AT PS 87
You will need the following documents to register at PS 87:
1) Proof of Residence - both the original and one (1) copy of any two (2) of the following documents:
- A residential utility bill in your name, issued by Con Edison
- A letter from housing management on their letterhead stating your address and how long you’ve lived there
- Documentation or
letter from a federal, state or local governmental agency, including the
IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, ACS,
or an ACS subcontractor indicating the residents name and address.
- An original lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A current property tax bill
- A water bill
- Official payroll
documentation from an employer issued within the last 60 days such as a
form submitted for tax withholding purposes or a payroll receipt. A
letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate.
2) Your child’s birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate
3) Name, date and OSIS number of any siblings, if applicable
PRE-REGISTRATION AT PS 87
Once you have been
notified that your child will be enrolled at PS 87, you will need to
bring your child and the following original documents as well as two (2)
copies for pre-registration:
- Address verification. All proof-of-residence documents as listed above must be current within 60 days
- Your child’s birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate
- Your child’s immunization records
- Your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable
If you would like to receive email updates about events and deadlines, go to http://schools.nyc.gov/Subscribe or http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/signup.